Local New England Celery Root, Apple and Potato Soup
*Adapted from marathastewart.com
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups peeled, chopped celery root
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 10 cups homemade or low-sodium store-bought vegetable stock
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and quartered local apples
2. Add celery root, potato, and vegetable stock; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Add apples and continue simmering for 5 minutes.
4.Remove saucepan from heat and puree using an immersion blender or, working in batches, using a conventional blender; season with salt and pepper.
Not Lucky enough to own an immersion blender???? Just do it in batches in a conventional blender: