We talked about upcoming events/activities:
- Spring Activities Expo, Tuesday Jan 29th from 2-6pm in Metcalf Hall
- Expert panel discussion Thursday Feb 28th at 7:30 in KCB 101 (title tbd)
- Tasting on March 4th or 5th in the Gastronomy demo kitchen
- Sid Wainer field trip
- Dinner/lunch/brunch clubs: pick a time and place, then show up!
If you're interested in getting even more involved, there are some internships available at Eat Well Guide and the Real Food Challenge. Plus, check out opportunities for farm apprenticeships through ATTRA and NOFA.
In other news...
- The real price of food is revealing itself (The Guardian and NYT).
- Michael Pollan isn't the only one exposing the food industry-- see what Raj Patel has to say in Stuffed and Starved.
- Buying food is just plain overwhelming.
- Jamie Oliver tells it like it is.